Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Pangani, Tanzania

I finally made it to the coast! Leaving Amani was much easier than getting there. I hopped on the back of a motorbike for a short 5 minute ride to the nearest village where I transitioned to a dala dala. After a short wait we were off to Muheza. Then Muheza to Tanga and from Tanga south to Pangani (a small town on the northeast coast of Tanzania). I stayed at a cheap, local guesthouse that had soccer on the tiny, box TV 24/7. I spent the days interacting with the locals and exploring the entire length of the beach.

I spent two nights in Pangani before heading off to Zanzibar. The morning was a perfect day for a four hour boat ride between the mainland and the island. And it is a good thing because the boat was not built for anything less than perfect weather (and neither am I).

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing about all your adventures... Keep them coming! ;-)

    ReplyDelete